When the world thinks of the chiropractic profession it thinks of the spine – and most commonly back pain. Within the health care system it is agreed that Doctors of Chiropractic are the spinal health experts. Since the early 1990’s the research and the evidence-based clinical guidelines have increasingly supported the chiropractic approach to drug free non-surgical spine care.
Chiropractic is a 100 year old science, art and philosophy that focuses on manual adjusting / manipulation and the application of a variety of other adjunct therapies and exercises to the spine for the relief and prevention of musculoskeletal pain. A well functioning spine is very important because it supports the body's weight, protects the spinal cord, which is the central highway of the nervous system. When everything is working / functioning well your spine is strong and flexible. Abnormal spinal function, an unhealthy spine, leads to pain syndromes, diminished capacity in the activities of daily living and pathology.
With chiropractic care you can get relief from these common signs and symptoms of an unhealthy spine:
- Back pain or stiffness with or without leg pain
- Spine pain or stiffness in the morning that decreases once you have moved around
- Difficulty standing up after sitting for any period of time
- Increased back pain with standing, sitting, lifting or sleeping
- Inability to turn or bend to each side equally and comfortably
- Pain in your hip, buttock, thigh, knee or foot
- Back or leg pain with coughing or sneezing
- Leg pain with or without numbness
- Unbalanced posture - a shoulder or hip may be higher on one side than the other
- Dizziness, nausea, visual disturbances
- Neck pain or stiffness
- Arm pain with numbness, tingling or weakness
- Pain which disturbs your sleep
- Spine pain that persists or worsens after 48 hours
- Fatigue or irritability
The presence of these signs and symptoms suggest the spine is functioning poorly. Restoring spinal function with chiropractic care does more than helping to reduce spinal pain. Restoring an optimally functioning spine helps you be your best - wellness.
Over the last century chiropractic has evolved to include the diagnosis and treatment for dysfunction and pain syndromes of the extremities.
You can get relief from these common signs and symptoms of unhealthy extremities:
- Jaw pain and stiffness
- Shoulder pain, stiffness and weakness
- Elbow pain, stiffness and weakness
- Hand / wrist pain, stiffness and weakness
- Knee pain, stiffness and weakness
- Foot / ankle pain, stiffness and weakness
You have to keep moving as you age, to keep moving well as you age.
Research has shown time and again that Chiropractic care is very effective and safe for the treatment of spine and extremity pain related disorders. The risk of injury or complications from chiropractic manual treatment is substantially lower than the risks associated with many medications or other treatments and procedures frequently given for the same types of musculoskeletal pain and associated syndromes.
If you have one or more of the above signs or symptoms of an unhealthy spine or extremity, I suggest taking the educated, safe and effective option. Call Patrick J. Shwaluk, Doctor of Chiropractic on (07) 3823 2282 and make an appointment.